Sunday Sunny/nice, a bit cool (B)(70 miles)(6:12)(3500 Kcal)(Wt. 188)?

6/9/19: American cancer society bike a thon from Ben Franklin Bidge to Atlantic City. 70 mile in 6 hrs. 12 min.  Would have been faster but at 50 mile mark a bicyclist hit a pot hole and flipped over and broke his clavicle, being a former EMT I helped him.  Many people stopped to help, one being an ER Dr., so he took over.  Told the rider the same thing I told him, he had a broken clavicle.  Then had a run in with another rider at mile 65 on the AC expressway.  She hit the back tire of my bike and her handle bars got attached to my bike.  She fell off and scrapped herself pretty badly.  I stopped, disentangled the bikes and treat her scrapes.  That was on top of 2 planned rest stops.  So it took me about 1/2 hr longer than it would have had I not been interrupted.  Woke up at 4 AM, got to train station by 5:30AM and finally got to starting point on Ben Franklin bridge at 6:35AM.  Used about 3500 Kcal, but weight still at 188 due to the crap I ate along the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog